Val d’Isère has announced its hotly anticipated winter events calendar. On 1 December, the lifts will whir into action signalling the start of the skiing season at the world famous French resort. The opening event ‘First Tracks’ will give eager ski enthusiasts the chance to test out new equipment on the 300kms of ski slopes, two snow parks and two boarder cross courses of the expansive Espace Killy area.
Alongside traditional events such as the 20th edition of the Classicaval Music Festival are some exciting new additions including ‘Frost Gun’, a freestyle event of Danish origin and after party.
The Alpine World Cup ski racing will once again be hosted in this enchanted village as well as a range of other activities to entice the entire family including polo, golf, wellbeing and film festivals, and the magical An Enchanted Christmas where Santa Claus will bring some festive joy to the little ones.
The programme looks like this:
– 1-2 December 2012 – First Tracks, Resort Opening Weekend
– 8-15 December 2012 – 57ème Critérium de la 1ère Neige
– 22-29 December 2012 – An Enchanted Christmas
– 16-19 January 2013 – Polo Masters
– 9-16 February 2013 – Frost Gun
– 29-30 January 2013 and 19-21 March 2013 – 20th Classicaval Music Festival
– 1 April – 1 May 2013 – Hot Ice Experience
– 5-7 April 2013 – Yoga and Well Being Festival
– 7-13 April 2013 – Winter Golf
– 22-25 April 2013 – 17th International Adventure and Discovery Film Festival
Val d’Isère is one of the most reliable ski resorts in the world with guaranteed snow topped pistes throughout the season. The only access road in from Bourg-St-Maurice takes you through the dramatic and rocky scenery of La Daille.
There are a number of schools for learners as well as a variety of slopes for skiers of all abilities, an excellent choice of restaurants and top notch chalets and breath taking views from the Pissaillas glacier. So grab your skis and winter attire, and don’t miss out on this ultimate ski experience.
Visit the winter calendar online for more details.